Marriage registration in Delhi is a simple process that can be completed by following these steps:
- Application: To start the process, the couple must first fill out the application form for marriage registration. The form can be obtained online from the website of the Delhi government or in person from the office of the Sub-Divisional Magistrate (SDM) in the district where either the bride or the groom resides.
- Documents: The couple must submit the following documents along with the application form:
- Proof of age: Either a birth certificate or a government-issued ID such as a passport, Aadhaar card or driving license.
- Proof of residence: Any document that establishes the current address of both the bride and the groom, such as a voter ID card, passport or utility bill.
- Passport-sized photographs of both the bride and the groom.
- A marriage invitation card (optional).
- Appointment: Once the application and documents have been submitted, the couple will be given an appointment to visit the SDM office for the solemnization of the marriage.
- Solemnization: On the day of the appointment, the couple and three witnesses (two for Hindu marriages) must visit the SDM office. The SDM will verify the documents and solemnize the marriage. The witnesses must also provide proof of their identity and residence.
- Certificate: After the marriage has been solemnized, the couple will receive a marriage certificate from the SDM office. The certificate serves as proof of the marriage and can be used for legal and official purposes.
It is important to note that the entire process of marriage registration in Delhi can take up to 30 days. The fee for marriage registration is Rs. 1500/- and an additional Rs. 1000/- is charged for the issuance of a certified copy of the marriage certificate.
Court marriage is a legal process that allows couples to get married without having to go through a traditional wedding ceremony. It is a great option for couples who want to get married quickly and without the hassle of planning a large wedding. Court marriage is also a great option for couples who are not able to have a traditional wedding due to financial or other reasons.
The process of court marriage is relatively simple. Couples must first obtain a marriage license from their local county clerk’s office. Once the license is obtained, the couple must then appear in court to be married. The court will then issue a marriage certificate, which is the legal document that proves the couple is married.
There are a few things to keep in mind when considering court marriage. First, couples must be of legal age to get married in their state. Second, couples must have the necessary documents to prove their identity and relationship status. Finally, couples must be aware of any state laws that may affect their marriage.
For couples who are considering court marriage, there are a few resources available to help them through the process. Many states offer pre-marriage counselling services to help couples prepare for their marriage. Additionally, there are a number of websites and books available that provide information on court marriage
Marriage registration Fee in Delhi India
The fee for marriage registration in Delhi, India is Rs. 1500/-. This fee is applicable for all marriages, irrespective of religion or community. Additionally, if the couple wants a certified copy of the marriage certificate, an extra fee of Rs. 1000/- is charged. This fee is payable at the time of submitting the application for marriage registration at the Sub-Divisional Magistrate (SDM) office. It is important to note that the fee for marriage registration may be subject to change, and it is advisable to check the latest fee schedule from the Delhi government website or the SDM office before submitting the application
List of SDM offices in Delhi India
There are several Sub-Divisional Magistrate (SDM) offices in Delhi, India. Here is a list of SDM offices in Delhi:
- Chanakyapuri SDM Office Address: 11th Floor, Chanakya Bhawan, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi – 110021
- Civil Lines SDM Office Address: Alipur Road, Civil Lines, New Delhi – 110054
- Delhi Cantt SDM Office Address: Sadar Bazaar, Delhi Cantonment, New Delhi – 110010
- Hauz Khas SDM Office Address: Hauz Khas, New Delhi – 110016
- Kalkaji SDM Office Address: Desh Bandhu Gupta Road, Kalkaji, New Delhi – 110019
- Karol Bagh SDM Office Address: Pusa Road, Karol Bagh, New Delhi – 110005
- Mehrauli SDM Office Address: Tivoli Garden Resort Hotel, Chattarpur Mandir Road, Chattarpur, New Delhi – 110074
- Narela SDM Office Address: Narela Sub City, Sector A5, Narela, Delhi – 110040
- Patiala House SDM Office Address: Tilak Marg, New Delhi – 110001
- Saket SDM Office Address: Saket
There are several Sub-Divisional Magistrate (SDM) offices in Delhi where couples can apply for marriage registration. Here is a list of some of the SDM offices in Delhi:
East Delhi: Office of the Sub Divisional Magistrate (East), 3rd Floor, Behind Karkardooma Court, Delhi – 110032
West Delhi: Office of the Sub Divisional Magistrate (West), Old Middle School Building, Rampura, New Delhi – 110035
South Delhi: Office of the Sub Divisional Magistrate (South), Mehrauli, New Delhi – 110030
North Delhi: Office of the Sub Divisional Magistrate (North), Alipur, Delhi – 110036
Central Delhi: Office of the Sub Divisional Magistrate (Central), Old Middle School Building, Rampura, New Delhi – 110035
New Delhi: Office of the Sub Divisional Magistrate (New Delhi), Old Middle School Building, Rampura, New Delhi – 110035
North West Delhi: Office of the Sub Divisional Magistrate (North West), Kanjhawala Road, Delhi – 110081
South West Delhi: Office of the Sub Divisional Magistrate (South West), Old Terminal Tax Building, Kapashera, New Delhi – 110037
It is advisable to check the exact location and contact details of the SDM office in the district where either the bride or the groom resides before visiting the office for marriage registration.